Taking responsibility for your own health is an imperative of the time we live in.
From the food full of chemicals to the huge number of pharmaceutical preparations, so-called new formulations of drugs and various nutritional supplements, the human body, as a natural biological system is confused and thrown out of balance. To survive, returning to nature is essential.
Why is healing?
Nettle contains a large amount of chlorophyll, vitamin C, and provitamin A and minerals, such as: calcium, potassium, phosphorus and iron. Moreover, it contains flavonoids, triterpene, strerol and other ingredients that positively affect the body.
The benefits of nettle:
- For anemia – because of the high percentage of iron it affects the production of more red blood cells.
- Difficult urination – because it increases urine production and the removal of uric acid.
- Rheumatic pains and arthritis
- Hay fever allergies – it controls the symptoms common for this type of disorder, like sneezing and itching.
- Stimulating the secretion of milk in nursing mothers
- Against hair loss – extract from the root can be found in hair products, for anti-hair loss or hair growth, it strengthens hair by improving circulation.
- Skin care – because of its anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, nettle can be used for skin disorders like rashes, eczema; and because of the large amount of chlorophyll can be also used in the treatment of acne.
There are no side effects with the consumption of nettle preparations in the prescribed dose. However you should pay attention, because high doses can cause rashes and constipation. Nettle cannot be used uncooked because it can damage the kidneys. Considering that it affects the increased secretion of urine in long-term use of nettle, one should be careful of the loss of potassium and should be consumed food abundant with this mineral.
How to prepare nettle tea?
Take a handful of young nettle leaves and put them in a liter of water. Cook them for 15 minutes. Then drain the tea and drink throughout the day. You should drink this tea for a month.
If you don’t know!!!
Nettle can rarely be found in the menu, although it is a tasty plant that can be prepared like boiled spinach or chopped eggs as omelette.
- In addition read about the most delicious Nettle Soup Recipe:
- 50 g of fresh nettle leaves
- 50 g potatoes
- 20g celery
- 100 g cream or cooking cream
- 300 g water
- Wash and clean the diced sliced potatoes and celery and then cook them in salted water.
- After that into the vegetables add previously briefly blanched in hot water nettle leaves. Rapidly cool them down in cold water with ice (in order to preserve the green color).
- All together mix well with a blender, then add cream and mix again if necessary.
Serve in deep bowls. In order to decorate the soup, sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil and ground pepper.