Pineapple – Natural Wonderful Cure for Better Health
Pineapple is fruit belonging to the family Bromeliaceae. There are many types of pineapple, but the best known species of this genus of herbs is Ananas comosus, fruit with a unique look, aroma and taste. Pineapple is primarily used as food, but also has a significant use in pharmacy as a natural medicine for the prevention and treatment of many diseases and occurrences.
Pineapple originates from the Caribbean and discovered by Columbus in 1493. It comes from places with tropical climate, and it is much appreciated fruit. Its name comes from the Indian word “anana” which means “great fruit”, and because of this pineapple is called the “king of fruits”.
- Why is good to consume pineapple?
Fresh pineapple in its composition has: enzymes, vitamins and minerals, to be more precise: calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, iodine, zinc, manganese, provitamin A, vitamins E, C, B vitamins (biotin), fiber.
Bromelain, a natural enzyme that is present in the pineapple’s tree and juice, proved the most effective action. This natural enzyme acts effectively on the overall health.
- What is Bromelain and why is it so important?
Curative part of the pineapple i.e. that element that makes this tropical fruit so healing is Bromelain, which is its natural enzyme that is clinically proven to have a beneficial effect on several aspects of human health, and they are as follows:
- It acts anti-inflammatory, reduces swelling after surgery;
- Helps recovery from injuries, displacement (sprains, muscle injury and sports injuries);
- It accelerates and improves digestion, improves the absorption and metabolism of nutrients;
- It relieves the symptoms of respiratory disease (sinusitis, asthma, chronic bronchitis);
- Improves circulation;
- anti-inflammatory effect in rheumatoid arthritis, relieves back pain;
- It relieves the symptoms of PMS;
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke;
- It stimulates muscle contraction;
- Prevents cancer and the spread of metastases;
- Preventing the occurrence of ulcers in the stomach;
- Reduces appetite;
- Seasonal Allergies
Bromelain acts effectively in case of respiratory problems, has an anti-inflammatory effect in respiratory protection, which basically are part of the basic problems that occur during seasonal allergies.
- Problems with digestion
Problems with absorption of nutrients from food into the body are some of the worst indicators that can lead to various diseases, which primarily is associated with the emergence of different types of cancer. However, Bromelain is here to help. Because it is about an enzyme that degrades proteins, it is characterized by excellent absorption of nutritional elements of food and acting effectively in:
- Inflammation of the bladder
- Crohn’s disease
- Colon cancer
- Constipation (constipation)
- Bromelain and Prevention of Cancer
Bromelaion acts effectively if used in therapy against lung cancer. In a clinical test research conducted by Anticancer Drugs, has proved that Bromelain acts on the peritoneal malignant melanomas (MPM) – rare types of cancer that occur due to exposure to harmful materials such as asbestos and so on. In this study, the additional supplements help in closing (the complete destruction of carcinoid cells of the participants included in the study). With all these, Bromelain, has shown that has a potential to be a therapeutic agent in the treatment of malignant types of cancer.
Pineapple has so many benefits for the body that acts effectively on the overall health. We recommend to consume pineapple quite often and fresh.