Quinoa Salad Bomb Recipe…
- 250 g quinoa
- Lemons – two medium sized
- extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint – one large bunch
- 1 cucumber
- one red onion
- 250 g tomatoes (ripe)
- 200 g feta cheese
- 200 g Kalamata olives
- red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- sea salt and black pepper
- Boil 450ml of water and put the quinoa in Add a few sprigs of mint and cook it for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow the quinoa to soak up the rest of the water. After that put it in a bowl, take out the mint, and leave it to cool.
- When cooled, add the zest and juice from 1 lemon, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper along with the
- Then peel and slice the onion, finely chop the tomatoes, and peel and chop the
- Next crush the olives, remove the stones , chop them and place in a bowl with the onion, tomatoes, cucumber, feta and oregano.
- Season the salad to taste. Add the zest and juice from the other remaining lemon, also red wine vinegar and oil.
- The remaining mint leaves pick and finely slice, saving any small ones for later, and put them over the salad.
- Use large glass bowl to put the salad in. First, put one-third of the quinoa into the bowl, put on it half of the salad, then another third of quinoa, the remaining part of the salad and top with the rest of the quinoa. In order to be nice and compacted, press all the ingredients with a spoon between each layer.
- Refrigerate or put it in a cool place to set for about an hour.
Enjoy this delicious Quinoa Salad Bomb!!!