Treat Constipation and Diarrhea with Fruit Juices
Various natural fruit juices can be used in the treatment of constipation and diarrhea.
Find out here how to prepare and consume these juices, and even how to combine them in achieving the best results.
- For treating constipation a necessary effect is achieved by using plum juice. It has a soothing effect on the muscles of the stomach and intestines. It should be consumed as follows: the first week ½ glass before meals and at bedtime; the second week 2/3 glass at the same time; the third and fourth week 1 glass a day before meals.
- Cherry juice has beneficial effect on the muscles of the stomach and intestines, because it nourishes and stimulates peristalsis. Drink a cup, 3 times a day for two weeks.
- Pomegranate juice like cherry juice and other red juices, contain substances that provide nutrition and stimulation of the work of the digestive muscles. It should be drunk undiluted by 0.5 to 1 cup two to three times a day for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Grapefruit juice contains large amounts of vitamin C, but also can irritate the lining of the stomach and intestines, so it is not recommended for patients with gastritis and ulcers of the stomach, colon and small intestine …
In case of other diseases not associated with ulcers, grapefruit juice can be used diluted with water 1:1, half a glass 2 to 3 times a day after meals for 10 days.
For the treatment of constipation can be used the following combinations of juices:
- Mix banana, melon and plum juices in the ratio 1:1:1 and drink it instead of tea, three to four times a day for two weeks.
- Mix cherry, sour cherry and plum juices in the ratio 1:2:1, add a little pear juice and drink half a glass 3 to 4 times a day for two weeks.
- Against diarrhea great help is apple juice. It allows avoiding dehydration of the body, but the juice will suit those with a normal acidity of gastric juice. For those who have an increased acid is prohibited, as apple acid can cause uncomfortable feeling even pain. In dilute quantities drink 1 glass of apple juice 2 to 3 times a day for 2 weeks. While undiluted should be consumed half a glass 3 to 4 times a day for 10 days.
- Mix banana, cherry and pomegranate juices in the proportion 1:1:1, just before use and drink half a cup 3 times a day for 2 weeks.